Four Months Of Chaos
- May 16 - The Poll Debacle BJP loses Lok Sabha polls. L.K. Advani offers to resign as leader of the Opposition. But the saffron party persuades him to stay on.
- May 23 - Rebellion in the North The BJP's Uttarakhand unit turns against CM B.C. Khanduri. He is forced to resign on May 23. Now alleges he was unfairly sacked.
- June 3 - New Controversial Appointments Arun Jaitley is appointed Leader of the Opposition in the RS. Sushma Swaraj is elevated as Advani's deputy in the Lok Sabha.
- June 10 - The Letter Bomb 1 Jaswant Singh writes to the party leadership questioning the new appointments. Three days later, Yashwant Sinha resigns from all party posts and calls for introspection.
- June 19 - Bomb II Arun Shourie writes to senior party leaders. He wants a debate on the party's poll debacle.
- June 21 - Apte Committee...