The Great 2G Tamasha
After some praise from the Supreme Court, the CBI is working on the next stage of the probe. What’s next? And who’s getting away?
Under The Scanner
- DMK MP Kanimozhi may face arrest; has been called by ED for questioning on May 12
- Niira Radia may face a chargesheet or arrest; CBI/ED bringing up FEMA, money-laundering cases
- Loop Telecom (Essar), Datacom, S-Tel may be charged on shareholding/ paid-up capital issues
- R-Com, Shyam, Tata Tele on the issue of dual technology, the clearance of which is under scrutiny
- If charges proved, Tatas could also be in trouble over Unitech funding
The Next Round
- CBI to file at least three more chargesheets; will look at targeting more companies involved in the 2G scam
- With the PAC too finding licences faulty, cancellation looms large over...