The Slow Road To The Quick Buck - how dishonest Multi Level Marketing (MLM) companies duped thousands:
- A crooked company sets up sleek website promising untold wealth.
- The dupe pays a hefty fee (Rs 16,000-25,000) to become member of the
Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) scheme.
- The dupe is told he has to do easy online work that can be done on any
computer with a net connection. He will be paid for the work.
- If the dupe recruits more members, he is to get a cut on their earnings
- The dupe is shown calculations that prove that he will make millions in a
matter of months.
- The dupe works hard, get many members and make millions for the company in
a matter months.
- The dupe gets paid nothing. the company shuts down and vanishes with loot.
Sometime in February last year, three Chandigarh-based...