- 57% of CR listeners preferred good music
- 60% listened to local stations daily
- 42% heard CR for over a year
- 80% rated content as very good or excellent
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a dream. Using grandiose welfare schemes, and implementing them across the country is his way of effecting behavior changes at the local and communities’ levels. But there is another way of health communication. A bottom-up approach, rather than a top-down one, can work wonders in most areas. One in which, according to researcher Devi Leena Bose, the “lived experiences and shared stories of learners and other community members” can be combined “with expert information”.
Such an approach needs to have the following crucial ingredients:
- It should be local, i.e. restricted to a small geography or a cluster of villages;
- It should be collaborative, i.e. use regional community networks,...