Fast In A Snapshot
- 12,000 police and SRP personnel were deployed
- 50 CCTV cameras and 35 hand-held cameras constantly recorded the event
- Show managed by the information department of the Gujarat government
- 600 state transport buses had been pressed into service to ferry people from across the state
- 60 municipal schools and 50 colleges in Ahmedabad directed to send their students
- A lounge set up behind the stage had plasma TV, sofas etc. Also a makeshift studio.
Twenty days before he completes a decade as the chief minister of Gujarat, and on the occasion of his birthday, Narendra Modi decided to emerge a new man. The Supreme Court ‘reprieve’ in one of the 2002 Gujarat riots cases just five days before came at the perfect moment for his reincarnation. There would be no apology for the riots, but he would fast for peace. Hence his three-day ‘sadbhavana...