- The city came close to a riot last fortnight over a Muslim boy marrying a Sindhi-Hindu girl.
- The Bajrang Dal has formed a Hindu Kanya Suraksha Committee.
- The Sindhi panchayat wanted their girls to stop using mobiles or riding two-wheelers and to abandon the city's fashion of covering their heads and faces Islamic style.
- The state CID keeps tabs on all Hindu-Muslim marriages.
- According to one list distributed by the Bajrang Dal, 341 such marriages have taken place between 1997-2004.
- Families of Muslim boys who run away with Hindu girls are harassed by the police.
- The Muslim community has responded to the latest uproar with a dignified silence.
***Are Hindu-Muslim marriages made in heaven too? Perhaps, but if you happen to be in Bhopal, capital city of Madhya Pradesh, that saccharine-sweet cliche is swiftly turned sour by a vicious form of saffron vigilantism. Hindutva's...