- A brainstorming session with all Indian heads of mission on key foreign policy issues
- This is the first-ever exercise where all the heads of mission are being called. The practice so far was limited to interactions with ambassadors from particular regions.
- At least 130 heads of missions from different parts of the world are likely to attend
- The three-day session would begin on December 22
- Mumbai terror attack expected to dominate proceedings. Topics like the economic meltdown, energy security, climate change and "housekeeping" issues to also come up.
***Even in ordinary times it would have been difficult to ignore 130 Indian heads of mission gathered under the same roof. Now, in what are extraordinary times, it is impossible to be indifferent to this august assembly. Scheduled to meet between December 22 and 24 long before Mumbai happened, with the avowed aim of rethinking India's...