Why The Early Puberty
- Nutrition factor Good nutrition and hygiene, decreased rates and numbers of diseases, improved socio-economic conditions and good health in general seem to be the major determinants
- Obesity Heavier girls tend to develop earlier than thinner ones, possibly because they have higher levels of the hormone leptin, which could stimulate the onset of puberty
- Animal protein Eating too much animal protein in early life might lead to early menstruation in girls
- Chemicals in our food act as estrogen shots, triggering early menarche. Milk which contains higher estrogen levels is a big culprit
- Urban stress Stress and lack of physical activity constitute a key reason for imbalances and the early onset of puberty.
Khushboo* was only seven when, to her complete bewilderment, her mother started making her wear an extra layer of ...