What The Sangh Fears
- That the saffron terror probe may get too close for comfort
- Despite distancing itself from Swami Aseemanand and murdered pracharak Sunil Joshi, probe may establish a link between RSS leader Indresh Kumar and Joshi
- A ban on the organisation
- International taint that will bracket the Sangh with other terror outfits
What Are Its Problems
- The BJP’s bad management of the saffron terror issue
- Little help from the Madhya Pradesh government in sorting out the mess
- BJP targeting the PM has not helped the Sangh’s defence
What It Hopes To Do
- Get government to conduct a fresh probe into the terror cases
- Distance itself from tainted RSS members
- Build a case to establish itself as a nationalist organisation
- Try to contain the political repercussions of saffron terror
THIS ARTICLE IS PRICELESS...
To read this piece, and more such stories in India's most exciting and exacting magazine, plus get access to our 25-year archives goldmine, please subscribe.