Marking Out The Roadmap
- Will the Ishrat Jahan case scorch Modi’s PM dreams? It’s definitely going to singe him.
- Two persons close to him may be questioned for calls around the time of the encounter.
- To counter this, the BJP could prepone the announcement of Modi being its PM candidate.
- Modi could contest from Varanasi and Allahabad. He may also contest from Gujarat.
- Modi’s aide Shah, now in UP, has raised the emotional pitch by invoking the Ram temple.
How close to Narendra Modi will the fake encounter probes actually get? There is the possibility of a private secretary to the Gujarat chief minister being questioned by the CBI about receiving a phone call from the telephone number of a particular individual at the time the Ishrat Jahan encounter took place in June 2004. Amit Shah, a BJP general secretary considered the closest aide of the chief minister, is likely to be questioned too, again about calls made...