What Coke Has Learned In The Last 10 Years
- One System
- The labels 'global' and 'domestic' no longer apply.
- Have to plant our flag everywhere.
- Have 4 of 5 top soft drink brands.
- In the US, people consume more soft drinks than water. We'll see the same wave (elsewhere).
- Distinct and different strategies for big emerging markets.
- Reinstatement of separate US and international heads.
- More nuanced resource allocation.
- Learning from Japan about variety.
- Halving of growth target.
***Business schools have, in recent years, made a significant commitment to globalising themselves. But there is a general sense that the rhetoric of globalisation has outpaced reality. For instance, when I recently addressed a gathering of over 150 deans and directors-general of B-schools, less than 5 per cent of them thought...