Some queries to type in the window
- Is what is good for Google good for India, especially after Brazil and the EU question its actions?
- Are politicians sending out the right signals by associating with Google’s initiatives?
- Is Google directing the internet intellectual discourse in a way that will benefit it?
- Does Google initiate the kind of offline activities it does here in other democracies?
- Is Google shutting out potential competition by obtaining a stranglehold on the internet?
Google’s policy, its CEO Eric Schmidt had once said, was to get right up to the creepy line, but not cross it. It has generated contentious debate about the firm’s activities and products, whether it’s accessing your e-mails to feed you targeted ads, something we have now come to accept grudgingly, or its soon-to-be-released Google Glass that comes fitted with miniature cameras and has advocates all worried...