- Vishal Bharadwaj’s Omkara: well-made film, well-written script, outstanding performances. Most cinematic of all the films that I saw in 2006.
- Close to it was Rakeysh Mehra’s Rang De Basanti, and RDB eventually had a greater power and impact over the audiences.
- Nagesh Kukunoor’s Dor was charmingly made, in a tight, little budget.
- Rituparno Ghosh’s Dosar was excellent. I liked the film’s narrative style. I liked Konkana Sen’s performance. I think she is the best actress we have at the moment.
- The computer effects in Krrish were marvellous.
- Don was extremely well made, used technology with a great deal of sophistication. SRK was superb. I think Farhan Akhtar is one of our shining stars. It was the film I enjoyed the most.
- I don’t see the bad films. But I was not terribly impressed with J.P. Dutta’s Umrao Jaan.