- The Bed & Breakfast scheme aims to fill the 1,50,000 hotel rooms shortfall in India. The first goal: 30,000 B&B rooms in Delhi before the Commonwealth Games.
- B&BS will be of two classes-Silver and Gold, priced at Rs 1,000-1,500 and Rs 2,000-plus per night. A one-time application fee of Rs 5,000.
- Each room must be air-conditioned and have its own attached bathroom.
- Gold-class B&Bs must have Internet connection, telephone, fridge and smoke detector in every room
- Breakfast may be Continental or Indian. So, it could be idlis, parathas, chilas...far richer choice than the English B&B fryup of bacon, sausage and eggs.