- The Gadkari Clean Chit In 2012, when investments into Gadkari’s company came into question, he examined its books and declared them legal and exonerated Gadkari.
- Black Money In 2010-11, as convenor of a BJP task force to assess black money owned by Indians, he criticised the UPA government for its failure in checking this.
- Bofors & the Gandhi Family In 2010-11, the BJP came out with fresh revelations and charges against the Gandhi family based on his investigations. The BJP later removed Sonia’s name from it.
- The Bajaj Dispute In 2008, he mediated between Rahul and Shishir Bajaj to settle a six-year dispute over control of the Bajaj group companies and assets.
- Enron In 2003, he campaigned for a probe against Enron’s Dabhol project. He had alleged that Enron had been unduly favoured.
- The Ambanis In 1987, through a series of articles, he...