In order to illustrate what has changed since 26/11, Outlook has created a hypothetical scenario to understand the most glaring gaps. The NSG has its game in place, but the police don’t come out very pretty in this picture of a hypothetical attack on a business park-cum-food hub in Gurgaon, Haryana, visited by more than a lakh people every day. Weekend nights are pretty busy in the open area food hub.
Between 9:00 pm and 9:10 pm
- Attackers, in small groups, enter through multiple access points, manned by unarmed private guards
- Some groups of the attackers move into the area with diners and start firing indiscriminately; some of them move towards those working night shifts in nearby offices to take hostages
- Video analytics-enabled CCTV cameras pick up footage of people firing indiscriminately and raise alarm. So do surviving guards.
- Security calls 100 and informs local police officer; puts buildings under lockdown
- Police officer alerts quick response...