Continuing Love Affair With Education
Institute for International Education’s Open Doors report in the US
- 3,000 Accredited US educational institutions
- 94,563 Students from India who studied in the US, 2007-08
- 12.8% The growth in Indian students in the US from the previous year
- 72% Percentage of them doing graduate-level courses.
- 2002 Year India surpassed China as prime contender for seats in US colleges
The grim prospects for loans coupled with an economy in recession have put the brakes on the avalanche of Indian students applying to US universities. At the same time, India continues to retain its position as the leading country of origin insofar as students coming to colleges in America. For those seeking global exposure at world-class institutions, the US remains a top...