New York’s Middle East Success Story
- Released in theatres in UAE and Bahrain with 32 prints
- Took one of the biggest openings for a film in the region
- Grossed US $1.5 million in the Middle East box office
- Pirated DVDs of the film spread widely in Syria, Jordan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia
- Estimated to have lost over a million dollars to piracy across the region
- Opening film at the Cairo International Film Festival 2009, the oldest and most significant film festival in the Middle East
SRK, Aamir and Salman are not the Power Khans in Cairo. Everyone here knows of one Bollywood star—Amitabh Bachchan—be it the shopkeeper who whistles his songs, the journalist who perennially carries his photograph in the wallet or the chauffeur who feels threatened by his wife’s obsession with the angry young man. But last fortnight a different Khan made a dent in Big...