- It's close to India, with several flights every day
- Its glitzy malls offer an array of experiences, from shopping for designer clothes and jewelled cellphones to skiing on indoor ski slopes
- Its swinging nightclubs attract the world's top DJs as well as glamorous women for hire
- Horse-racing, desert safaris, golf, gourmet restaurants, amazing luxury hotels are other attractions
- Booming real-estate sector has tempted many Indians to strike roots here
***Sakshi Didwania of Mumbai wonders how she could have resisted the temptations of Dubai for as long as she did. Most of her friends had been there multiple times, considering it's barely three hours' flying time from Mumbai or Delhi. So, a couple of months ago, 23-year-old Didwania did what her friends do—visit the Favourite New Destination of swinging, urban Indians. She stayed for five nights, and can't wait to...