The Bihar chief minister's functioning is markedly different from that of his predecessor, Laloo Yadav.
- Methodical, hands-on approach to administration. Understands nitty-gritty of development schemes.
- Arrives in the secretariat by 10 am and stays till late evening. Personally oversees pet projects and schemes.
- Holds durbars where he himself scrutinises public complaints and passes these on to the ministers and officials concerned.
- Has taken up improving law and order in the state as top priority.
- Many dons in jail after convictions by fast track courts. Thousands arrested under Arms Act.
- No Laloo-style flamboyance for the media. Is correct and dignified with the press.
"I am a methodical man. If there is anything on earth I hate, it is genius. Your geniuses are all arrant asses."
—Edgar Allan Poe