- It took over investigations on Feb 18, '06, but did not register a preliminary enquiry till Dec 20, '07
- The HC has pulled up the CBI; asked it to file a status report by Apr 28
- CBI says it has been cramped by the time lag. The probe was handed over to it a year after the war room leak.
- Lawyers say the CBI has made no effort to source documents from the navy or the IB
- CBI is yet to zero in on key accused Ravi Shankaran's whereabouts. He is believed to be in Europe.
***Ever since Outlook broke the Rs 18,798-crore Scorpene submarine scam in 2005, various arms of the government probing the deal have shown little or no urgency in getting to the truth. The CBI, which took over the case on February 18, 2006, has also been guilty of dragging its feet. Which is why, on December 20, 2007, the Delhi High Court pulled up the investigating agency and directed it to register a preliminary enquiry (PE) into...