1. India’s first Test victory in England in 1971 ended England’s record run of 26 Tests without defeat
2. India’s successful chase of 406 runs in the Port of Spain Test in 1976 was only the second time a score of over 400 had been chased successfully in Test cricket
3. The same Test was the only instance where Gavaskar and Vishwanath scored a century in the same innings
4. Maninder Singh was the last batsman dismissed in the tied Test between India and Australia in 1986 at the Chepauk in Chennai
5. Ravi Shastri has a 100% record as Test skipper, leading India to victory in the only Test he ever captained, versus the West Indies in 1988
6. Narendra Hirwani has the best ever figures by any bowler on Test debut— 16 for 136 against the West Indies at Chepauk in January, 1988
7. M. Azharuddin began his career with centuries in his first three Tests—110 in Calcutta, 48 and 105 in Chennai and...