Main Findings Mukherjee Commission: Mystery Thickens
- Why doesn't the Taiwan government have any record of a plane crash at Taihoku on August 18, 1945?
- Why did Dr Yoshimi, who was supposedly present when Bose died from his plane crash burns, later say that he was forced by an 'Indian officer' to draw up a death certificate for Bose?
- Why do "most secret" Russian documents refer to Stalin and Molotov discussing Bose's plans in 1946, when he was apparently dead?
- Why is the British Foreign Office stonewalling the Mukherjee Commission's requests for Bose-related papers?
- Why has the Indian government, despite long-standing demands from historians, never asked the Russians to release Bose-related documents?
When Shyam Benegal's film Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose—The Forgotten Hero opens in theatres this week, viewers all over the world will be asking one question: how...