Speaking in French
- France focuses only on aviation, nuclear energy, luxury goods, all to its own advantage. Ignores the rest.
- Obstacles deliberately created to prevent Indian companies from entering the French market.
- Random checks of containers and sudden changes in norms work as deterrents.
- Indian IT companies targeted. France’s exports are less than even the Netherlands’.
- Visa procedures not to the liking of Indians.
As you enter the sixth floor exhibition hall of Centre Pompidou, the architecturally bizarre contemporary art museum in downtown Paris, a large, well-sculpted Indian woman’s head greets you. Saunter around, and you stumble upon a typical Indian utensils shop, with pots and pans rising from the ground to the ceiling in columns; a sound-and-light show about the gay community in India; an aerial shot of Dharavi, Asia’s...